Saturday, July 30, 2011

modern and post modern video review

1. I chose Abstract Expressionism and pop: art of the 50's and 60's because art like that (pop art) is very cool to me and it interests me so I chose it as my first video. My second video, Andy Warhol: Images of an image was the second video that interested me because he always creates such fascinating and interesting work so I figured the video would be interesting as well.

2. Abstract Expressionism and Pop: art of 50's and 60's-
Abstract works between us and its surface. Color most easily sparks our imaginiation. I feel there were not very many key concepts with video because it was numerous arts that did not interest me ata ll and just told how the art was made and nothing about actualy Abtract expressionism.
Andy Warhol: Images of an image-
Started out being a commercial artist and tap dancer.Collected actor pictures, movie posters, news clippings, etc. Marilyn Monroe series made him famous. Many works were done by cropping, simplifying, coloring, nucoloring-very pervasive work. With Elizabeth Taylor, he made numerous large pieces including front page news articles blown up and pieces showing her as early as 12 years old in her first films.

3. I don't believe either video relates to the text. There was a huge piece on Andy Warhol but this was a very good video for dipicting him and his work. I would rather watch this video than most of the videos we have watched or read about. The first video, as I said was very difficult for me to get key concepts out of because it was not very subject pertaining in my opinion there for, I don't think it helped understand a whole lot of the text either.

4. The first film was most definetly not a favorite of mine, nor was I much of a fan. The second video I thought was awesome and I would recomend it to someone even if it were just for a better understand of Warhol's work. I learned more about Andy Warhol but as far as concepts from the book, I don't think either video helped very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment