Friday, July 8, 2011

week 6 video review

The Measure of All Things: Greek Art and the Human Figure
More Human Than Human Cataclysm: The Black Death Visits Tuscany
Cairo Museum


Video 1: I needed to pick another video that might interest me
Video 2: required
Video 3: Love renaissance culture
Video 4: Egyptian art is the most interesting to me



THE MEASURE OF ALL THINGS: GREEK ART AND THE HUMAN FIGURE
portrait art
realism-produces movement
-impact of humanrealistic vs. stylistic
perfect form-idealized perfect form

MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
unrealistic figures
trained to exaggerate certain female traits
Eqpytian art and the human body, art and consistency
Greek perfection


CATACLYSM: THE BLACK DEATH VISITS TUSCANY
Black Plague
dawn of the renaissance
Christian mosaics
fear in Europe
Giotto
Developments between 1200-1350-civic government


CAIRO MUSEUM
pharoahs

downtown Cairo
valley of the kings
the treasures of the Cairo museum



2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
In my opinion, I always prefer to watch something to learn about it, so when we read and I get to watch a video to learn more, I like it.

3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
I always enjoy taking the little facts from the videos and putting them in my understandings from the reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment