Friday, July 15, 2011

week 5 ceramics blog post

1. Some of the key concepts I learned were that some of these are the oldest mad made materials and it is still being experimented and used today. Most of these materials are replacing wood and stone which was used long before any of us existed.

2. These videos put our readings into a visual. Many of our readings come to life and we can see people like you and I working with these materials. We can see how they interact with things not just read about it. We see details and beautiful end results.

3.I thought the videos were interesting. Coming from a family where my uncle blows glass, I've seen a lot of the glass work and learned about it, but from a different perspective is very cool. They touch on some things that our book does not have room to elaborate on, and it's sometimes better to go more in depth in learning about these crafts, fine arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment