Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Installation

A. Installation art is art that defines or takes over a space, it is all around you and its 3D art using the space around you.
Sometimes the materials used in installation art are from the actual place the art work is going to be. You can remove part of a gallery and make it a part of your work ("She Came in through the Window").
You can make installation art for many reason, my favorite reason for making it is that it forces the viewer to interact and be a part of your art work. The fact it is composed of a whole environment and not just one piece is another good reason.
D.I found the Ark Art Center piece one of the more interesting ones because of the swing boat; I thought it was very cool to put engineering into art. I also loved the Spiral Jetty and I have studied this piece before and loved it then. It is actually the inspiration to my installation art.
A.I felt a connection with the "Spiral Jetty" piece.
B. The theme I want to explore in my installation is nature/environment.
C. The materials I used are leaves, water, a fan and acrylic paint.
D. This installation would be in a park of some sort, a big part where many people could come to sit and watch the display.






I tried creating a piece like the ones I was more drawn to in project three. It was not easy I'll say but with a little acrylic paint to make the water a pure blue like we wish all water was and colorful flowers and changing leaves, I think with my installation and the changing of the seasons, if this were a real piece it would be beautiful.
I enjoy using nature when doing assignments that I can create my own "thing" because I feel we take it for granted so much that when it is right in front of us we don't see it but if it were and installation where you were part of it or had to view it as a beautiful thing, we would notice it's amazing features and recognize them more in day to day life.

1 comment: