Friday, July 29, 2011

The modern world, video review

1. I selected the first video Expressionism because it seemed like an interesting topic. I selected The Impact of Cubism second because that was the most interesting sounding than the other ones.

2.Expressionism- Emphasized color's emotional properties. "After the fall"was after the fall of Adam and Eve, was schanged to "Ashes" with different versions and expression, deals with probletmatic relationships and the mysteries of sexuality. "Ashes" caused offense to bourgeois mentality, the 1892 Berlin exhibition of Munch's work was closed shortly after because of the offense.
The Impact of Cubism-The most influential style of the 20th century. Coexisting of opposites. Cubism starts with shapes and planes and creates a real object from an abstraction.

3. The videos I didn't think helped the text be understood as much as the videos we have had in previous assignments. I feel like after I started watching them they did not seem to teach me more or keep my interest at all.

4. My opinion on the fil,s is that they were not bad persay but not as good as the others or something I would choose to learn a bit more about. I didn't enjoy learning more from them and I didn't feel they emphasized or elaborated on the text enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment