Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Week 10 video blog review

Bones of Contention: Native American Archeology
1. This video talks about the collections of bones over 150 years worth collected and the controversy involved with the collection of them. Highway 134 in Iowa was built years and years ago but when it was built they came accross a village cemetery. The archeologist involved in this dug up 26 white people graves and reburried them, when they discovered a mother and child who were native american, they took these to a lab to study. One woman faught this issue and in 1976 there was a law passed that prtotected Indian burial sights and it was made illegal to posess native american and human bones. Archeologist on the other hand render that these studies are necessary so a vanishing culture could be saved.

2. The videos don't really relate to the creation of my art exhibit because they have almost nothing to do with the theme or my idea.

3. I did enjoy watching this film, I happen to be part native american so it was very interesting to learn these things and watch this video. This didn't add depth to concepts while creating this project but it did seem to add depth to my understanding of everything else involved in this.


George Eastman House: Picture Perfect
1. This video talked about the life accomplishments of Gearge Eastman and the timeline of photgraphy associated with him. Kodak was founded by George Eastman, in his 35,000 square foot mansion, there are over 400,000 photographs, 25,000 films, and camera and the technology to go with it from the first camera that was available tyo the public in 1839 to the first camera ever sold with it's proof of purchase. Eastman's goal was the make the camera as convenient as the pencil, and if he were alive today, he would see that he has succeeded beyond belief.

2. This video does relate to the creation of the art exhibit because many of the pieces that I am using are photgraphs of bright lights that are captured moving or that somehow depict bright and lively lights or situations.

3. I thought this film was verrrryyyyy interesting. I have never been too big on photography but as of recently I am more intrigued by it and I am glad I watched this because not only did I learn a lot but I am more interested in the thought process and evolution of photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment