Friday, July 15, 2011

week 5 architecture

1. Frank Gehry: Architecture as Art

They try to create something that Interacts with human responses and feelings. Many buildings should have something in them that expresses feelings. Sense of movement was found when you put feeling into a building. It connects with the people and makes it humantinistic. Everything has an emotional response.

Architecture: The Science of Design

Through this video, is it talked about that any building is not just build to stand up but to withstand certain aspects of our day to day life. Wind, water (both hurricanes and rain, earthquakes if you live in certain parts of the world, areas where years of these issues can be withstood. The scientific aspect of this also looks at the “smart houses” that do everything from making your coffee to heating and using electric to help you in your day to day life.

2. Again, these videos put our text into more detail. We learn to see things from a bit different perspective and have a different understanding.

3. I look at architecture and I never really think too much of it because I trust whoever made it to an extent. I never thought too hard about the types of weather they must be built to withstand, aside from a class or two that I have taken that explores these. After 9/11, I wanted to be built to create some structures that could withstand certain conditions of heat so high that it could melt metal pillars.

4. I chose my video randomly because I figured it would be okay whichever one I chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment