Saturday, July 16, 2011

week seven, exploring line

1. Using my hand as a subject matter for drawing was pretty complex. It was hard because I have very wrinkly hands so there were a lot of lines to try to draw and see and figure out where they go in reguards to another set of lines.
2. I used pencil as my media, actually a colored pencil to give it a little bit more life with the contours of my hands.
3.I felt very awkward creating the drawing with my non-dominant hand but as I was doing it, I realized it really was not all that bad, I'm not the best artist in the world but it came out way better then the 2 year old drawing I thought it was going to look like.
4. I never worked on drawing my hands much. Just for assignments, if I have free time I think it would be a fun thing to play around with and try to improve. I think as far as a playful assignment and trying to explore these things, they were successful.
5. I think if I were to do something a bit more abstract, it would be pretty cool to try and maybem lay a background down with my right hand and try to maybe retry it with a different media on top with my left and see where it could go.

No comments:

Post a Comment