Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Art Gallery Visit













The artworks that made an impact on me were 1, 2, and 4. These are the first works that caught my eye. 4 looks like it was a piece of fire caught in still form which is awesome. 1 and 2 I liked because of the way they looked, 2 looks like they captured a moving jellyfish which would be so neat, and one is more the composition of a full wall piece with writing and colors.
I feel a connection with ten and thirteen because of the bright lights and colors. I love the way all of the pieces are hanging with lights and you know there are at least 50 different pieces but they all create one interest and artwork. 13 is actually wood with holes cut for clear pieces to poke through, it is then lit from the inside and illuminated in different colors.
I would like to know more about the tin man with fish, 11. It does not fit the other art pieces that were seen, aside from the wood clipboards that look like they move in all different directions; I would like to know why this was made of clay and where the idea came from.
Many of these artworks were actually for sale and this is why I was able to take pictures of them. It is more modern day art and a book of all the artists of the pieces was available for purchase but I was not able to write times they were made or the artist, just simple take pictures. In this request, I was also asked to share this piece with the owner of the museum as well and will be doing so in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed looking at the art you chose. I like that they are all different from things I have seen. Your explainations helped me understand why you chose them.

    ReplyDelete