Friday, June 24, 2011

Logo Design


Rough drawings of logo ideas.




Finished Logo.


1. In creating my logo, I thought it would be easy because I'm usually very creative and can come up with things to do pretty easily. In doing this however, it was hard to come up with a logo for myself that seemed like and actual logo and not a jumble of drawings that represent me.
2. I tried to think of things that represent me that could make up a simple idea by combining them. My first idea was create a slate that artists use and instead of doing colors on the palate, I would use things that represent me. When I finished that it looked nothing like a logo and was very cluttered so I redid the whole thing with simpler items, a star which is my favorite shape, in orange because that is my favorite color, and I made hockey sticks black because black and orange make Buffalo State colors and I wanted to incorporate that as well.
3. the most important discovery I made in my logo creation was that it really is not as easy as it looks and it really is hard to come up with some of the concepts and ideas that you need to simplify to make a logo that can be remembered and used as a symbol.
4.The most important information I learned from the videos, PowerPoint, and reading is that logos are one of the most important aspects of a company or team, whatever the logo is representative of, it is how you are remembered and associated. Logos can be very controversial but can also hold a huge part in your revenue and business transactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment